Today I got the pleasure to photograph a really fun family. They had a dog named Andy who came in and posed for me while I was checking my settings.
First shot of the day… I think he’s so cute!
After the photo shoot I headed to a Cookie Exchange party. I feel so incredibly lucky that I’ve already made so many friends in Washington. I will never regret putting myself out there and meeting people. Only good things come from that!
Here is the recipe for the cookies I made (thank you Christina for sharing this with me!):
PEPPERMINT PATTY COOKIES
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup butter
1 cup baking cocoa
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1-3/4 cup flour
2 cups crumbled peppermint patties
1. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. Cream sugars and butter together. Add eggs. Add baking cocoa and stir until thoroughly mixed.
3. Sift soda, salt, and flour together. Gradually add to cocoa mixture.
4. Mix in peppermint patty pieces.
5. Place dough in 1-inch drops about 2-3 inches apart on lined cookie sheet.
6. Bake at 350 for 7-10 minutes. Allow to sit for a few minutes before removing cookies from sheet. Once removed allow to cool thoroughly.
We spent about 3 hours laughing and eating cookies. It was SO much fun. It reminded me that I really need to get out more [without the kids!]. I need to put myself higher on the priority list.
With that said, I am heading to bed! I usually go to bed well past 2 am, so this is early for me 🙂